Effective: February 1, 2023
WHO WE ARE
We are EinsteinCares.com, the Only Web Site that Rewards You and Gives to Your Favorite Cause at the same time. Without costing You a penny. (“EinsteinCares”). See our Terms and Conditions for additional information on our website (which we refer to as the EinsteinCares “Services”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
EinsteinCares collects information to operate our business, provide you with shopping and donation opportunities, and support the charitable causes you love. We collect Personal Information and Other Information.
- Personal Datais information that can be used, directly or indirectly, alone or together with other information, to identify you as an individual (e.g., your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card number).
We collect Personal Data:
- When you create an account, we collect your registration details (e.g., name, email address, password, and country) and we may collect information about your mobile device (e.g., name of your wireless carrier and device identifier).
- When you connect with us through social media, we may collect account or profile information to the extent you otherwise allow third party social media services to share information with us.
- When you use or interact with our website, we may collect information about your use of our Services (e.g., browsing data, device type, carrier provider, browser type, operating system, date and time of access as well as referring website, Internet Protocol (IP) address).
- When you use your credit card, we collect credit card information, billing and shipping information, and phone number.
- When you communicate with us and/or request information, we collect your name and email address.
- When you use EinsteinCares Cash to give to your favorite cause or choose a reward, we may collect additional information as necessary to support that activity (e.g., preferred email).
- When you recommend a cause, we collect your name and email address along with information on the cause.
- When you participate in a contest, promotion or survey, we may collect contact, demographic and eligibility information.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL DATA
EinsteinCares uses the Personal Information collected to:
- Provide you with the Services, products, or information you requested. This includes leveraging the information to process and complete any transactions and for internal operations.
- Personalize the experience on EinsteinCares and improve our Services. Allowing us to provide products and services that are tailored to you, your interests, and your location.
- Monitor and analyze site usage and trends.
- Tailor our advertising and marketing so that the ads you see match your interests.
- Communicate with you and respond to your requests. This includes responding to your emails, submissions, comments, and complaints; requesting feedback about your use of EinsteinCares; providing you with the EinsteinCares newsletter and charitable summaries; providing you with information about our third party events, activities, offers, promotions, products, and services that we think will be of interest to you; notifying contest and promotion winners; notifying you about important changes to our Services.
- Administer promotions (e.g., verify eligibility, notify winners, and conduct related market research).
- Address security issues and resolve disputes.
HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
- To Affiliates, Partners, Vendors, and Suppliers.
- To pay out eligible accrued rewards at redemption.
- To Enable the Use of Our Services – we may share the Personal Information we collect with third parties in order to enable us to provide those services (e.g., for rewards we may share your name and address with a third party for fulfillment of your reward).
- To Support Your Charitable Causes – we share your name and may, with your consent, share your email address for their marketing/fundraising purposes.
- To the EinsteinCares Community via Online Forums – when you post on any forums or other interactive areas our services Personal Information may be visible to other users and in some cases may be publicly available. The additional information you provide should correlate with the degree of interaction you wish to have with others on our Services. We encourage you to be cautious about giving out personal information to others or sharing personal information in public or private online forums.
- To Support our Growth or Change – we may share Personal Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of EinsteinCares.
- To Fulfill Legal Obligations – Personal Information may be shared when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or with legal process or authorities (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant, or court order); to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of EinsteinCares, our users, our employees, copyright owners or the public, including without limitation to protect EinsteinCares or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our Site.
In addition, to fulfill Legal Obligations we may share Other Information regarding your activity on the Site (e.g., purchasing history, actions participated in and other similar information associated with your account).
TRANSACTION DATA USAGE
- Use transaction data such as transaction amount, transaction time and merchant location to confirm a Qualifying Purchase or return to match transactions to confirm whether you qualify for rewards.
- Share transaction data with the participating merchant where a transaction occurred as needed for the merchant to confirm a specific transaction occurred. For example, the date and amount of your purchase and the last 4 digits of your card number so the merchant can verify your purchase with its records if there is a missing or disputed transaction;
- Provide participating merchants aggregated and anonymized information relating specifically to registered card activity solely to allow participating merchants and Third Party Service Provider (Fidel) to assess the results of their campaign;
- Create a record of the transaction data and thereafter maintain and use data in connection with operating the Program;
- Provide information in order to respond to a request from government authority or a payment organization involved in a transaction with you or a merchant.
- You authorize the described above and herein by and among EinsteinCares, Third Party Service Providers (Fidel), applicable Payment Card Networks and applicable Merchants.
By registering in connection with transaction monitoring, you authorize EinsteinCares to share your payment card information with Visa, Mastercard and AMEX (Payment Networks) so it knows you enrolled. You authorize Mastercard, Visa and AMEX to monitor transactions on your registered card(s) to identify qualifying purchases in order to determine whether you have qualified for or earned an offer linked to your payment card, and for Visa, Mastercard and AMEX (Payment Networks) to share such transaction details with EinsteinCares and participating merchants to enable your card-linked offer(s) and provide offers that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of transaction monitoring on the payment card(s) you have registered by navigating to your settings menu to remove your linked card(s).
You acknowledge that Visa, Mastercard and AMEX may be unable to monitor every transaction made with your enrolled Visa, Mastercard and AMEX including PIN-based purchases on debit cards, purchases you initiate through identification technology that substitutes for a PIN, payments made through other payment methods (such as a digital wallet or a third party payment app, where you may choose your Visa, Mastercard and AMEX card as a funding source but you do not present your card directly to the merchant), payments of existing balances, balance transfers, or transactions that are not processed or submitted through the Visa U.S.A. or MasterCard, AMEX payment systems, and that these transactions are not eligible. You may opt-out of this monitoring at any time by selecting ‘Account’ from the home screen of your EinsteinCares App and deleting your registered card(s). User acknowledges that if they choose not to register a credit or debit card or if they do not use our receipt scan functionality, they will not be generating Qualified Transactions that result in cash back. If you register a debit card, your transaction must be processed as a ‘credit’ (i.e., signature) transaction to make sure the transaction can be monitored. Do not use a Personal Identification Number (PIN) when paying for your purchases with your enrolled card if you want the transaction to be eligible for rewards or offer completion.
Not all Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards are eligible for registration – including PIN based purchases on debit cards. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express Corporate cards, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express Purchasing cards, non-reloadable prepaid cards, government-administered prepaid cards (including EBT cards), healthcare (including Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or insurance prepaid cards, Visa Buxx, and Visa-, MasterCard-, and American Express-branded cards whose transactions are not processed through the Visa payment system, MasterCard payment system, and/or American Express payment system are not eligible to participate.
PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
We have, and require our Third-Party Service Providers to have, administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in place in our respective physical facilities and in our respective computer systems, databases, and communications networks that are reasonably designed to protect information contained within such systems from loss, misuse, and alteration. The measures we use may include storing Personal Information on secured servers, transmitting Personal Information using encryption technologies, and auditing and reviewing our data collection and storage practices. To be clear, we do not store your Payment Account information, and we do not have control over or responsibility for your Payment Account information. When you provide your Payment Account information through the Services, it is stored and/or processed by our Third-Party Service Providers in order for you to use the Services. Our contracts with these third parties require them to have administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of such information. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your Personal Information. You also play a role in protecting your Personal Information. Please safeguard your username and password for your Account and do not share them with others. If we receive instructions using your Account log-in information, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security related to the Services. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse to provide the Services, terminate your Account, and to remove or edit content.
EinsteinCares retains your Personal Information for as long as you maintain an account or as needed to provide you our Services. Personal Information is also retained as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements. Information on how to manage your Personal Information see the Access, Modification, and Deletion section.
HOW WE USE DATA COLLECTION TOOLS AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
Cookies: Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help EinsteinCares improve our services and your experience. We use a number of types of cookies including Strictly Necessary Cookies (cookies that are required to operate our website) and Targeting cookies (cookies that record your visit, the pages you have visited, etc.).
Opting Out of Cookies: There are a number of ways you can manage your cookie preferences, including setting your browser to reject cookies (check your browser help section to identify how to do this), opt out of interest based advertising via email service settings or with consumer opt-out services, or on your mobile device (change the privacy settings on the device itself). Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services on our website.
Third Party Cookies: We may also use third parties to serve ads on our services. These third parties may place cookies, web beacons or other devices on your computer to collect other information in order to analyze data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising targeted to your interests, to better understand the usage and visitation of our services and the other websites tracked by these third parties, etc.
Web Beacons: Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the website or in EinsteinCares emails relating to our services to collect certain information and monitor user activity on the website.
HOW TO MANAGE COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
EinsteinCares respects your communication preferences. You can manage your preferences by:
- Website – Go to My Accountand Edit Account and Address Information, update your preferences and hit save.
- Application – Go to My Account scroll down and uncheck the notification types you no longer want to receive.
- All – In addition you can email support@EinsteinCares.comor select unsubscribe in our commercial messages to update your communication preferences.
Note that even if you optout of promotional messages from EinsteinCares, you will still receive email communications from EinsteinCares that are not promotional (e.g., emails about your account and the transactions you have initiated, emails about our ongoing business relations).
ACCESS, MODIFICATION, AND DELETION
Access: EinsteinCares takes steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date. You may request access to the information EinsteinCares has collected about you by contacting us or at the address listed below. We may charge for this service and will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable and within the time limits prescribed by law.
Special Note to Residents of California, United States: California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from EinsteinCares, once a year and free of charge, a list of what Personal Information, if any, we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names/addresses of those third parties. Currently, we do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If we do decide to do so, you may optout at any time by submitting a request via Contact Us or writing to:
Attention: Legal – Privacy
1587 Bamboo Bay Drive
Henderson, NV 89012
The optout does not prohibit EinsteinCares from making nonmarketing disclosures or for our own marketing purposes.
Modification: You are able to modify your information by going to My Account and selecting Edit Account and Address Information. Once you have made and saved your edits, your account information will be modified.
Deletion: If you would like to delete your account, you can Go to My Account and Edit Account and Address Information, and click the link to Delete Account. Once you confirm your intent to delete your account, your personal information will be deleted from our system. You may also contact us and request that your account be deleted. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. However, please note that even if you delete your account, in some cases, we may believe it is necessary or appropriate to retain certain Other Information we have collected, and the deletion of such Other Information will be in our sole discretion unless otherwise required by law.
EinsteinCares is intended for individuals 18 and over and not at children under 13. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from children under 13, and no part of our Services are directed to children under 13. In fact, our Services are expressly limited to individuals 18 or older as outlined in our Terms and Conditions. Please contact us if you are a parent or guardian and you believe personal information of a child under 13 has been provided to us. If we are aware of a child under 13 providing us with Personal Information we will take steps to remove the information and terminate their account. For more information on account usage restrictions see our Terms and Conditions.
THIRD PARTIES WE DON’T OWN OR CONTROL
HOW TO CONTACT US
EinsteinCares is available to answer any questions, comments, or concerns you have about our use of your Personal Information. You may contact us online or write to us at:
Attention: Legal – Privacy
1587 Bamboo Bay Drive
Henderson, NV 89012